Saturday, February 19, 2011

Caldecott Honor Book - What Do You Do WIth A Tail Like This? By: Steve Jenkins & Robin Page



     I absolutely love this book!  It was a great teaching tool to use in the classroom while we were learning about animal adaptions.  My students especially enjoyed taking the book back to their desks and reading the additional information in the last few pages of the book.  The illustrations were very colorful and the students were actually able to create a lasting visual memory in their head for later assessment.  This is definitely a book I plan to add to my personal classroom library.
     Other books written by Steve Jenkins include sisters & brothers, Living Color, Move!, I See a Kookaburra!, Next Stop Neptune, Prehistoric Actual Size, Actual Size, Biggest, Strongest, Fastest and Dogs and Cats.  The only other book by Jenkins that I have read is Biggest, Strongest, Fastest which I enjoyed and found educational, but it wasn't as wonderful as this selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment